Food Assistance

In Ohio, food stamp coupons are no longer used. Benefits are issued through an electronic debit card. This card may be used at participating retail stores to purchase food. See the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services resource more information.

In order to qualify for the Food Assistance Program, households must meet several program specific requirements including resource and income limits. All able-bodied adults are also required to participate in work program activities.

Eligibility Calculator
Calculate your potential eligibility.

Bring the Following to Appointment
When making application for benefits, help prevent delays in the approval process by bringing the following to your appointment:
  • Identification such as:
    • Driver's license
    • Social security card
    • Birth certificate
  • Current mortgage or rent verification
  • Current utility bills
  • Verification of the last 30 days of income