If a vulnerable older adult is in immediate danger, call 911 immediately.
- Call Adult Protective Services at 937-327-1748 or 1-800-516-3463. After hours number 937-328-2560
- Or write to:
Adult Protective Services
1345 Lagonda Avenue
Springfield, Ohio 45501-1037
Certain persons are mandated by Ohio law to report abuse, neglect or exploitation of older adults. They include:
- Credit Unions
- Employees of a community home, residential care facility or home for the aging
- Employees of a community mental health facility
- Employees of a home health agency
- Employees of an adult care facility
- Employees of an ambulatory agency
- Financial Planners
- Senior service providers
- Social workers or counselors
Immunity for Reporting
Any person who makes a report with reasonable cause to believe that an adult is suffering abuse, neglect or exploitation is immune from civil or criminal liability under Ohio law.
Special Reporting Circumstances
Reports involving an adult who is mentally retarded and/or developmentally disabled should be made to the County Board of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities (937-328-5245) or Advocacy and Protective Services (937-743-4400).
Reports involving an adult who resides in a nursing home should be made to the Regional Long-Term Care Ombudsman Office